The African Way?

12:42 AM


Ok, I don't like to stereotype, but after living here a year, I've made an observation. Many Africans and even some South Africans like to go barefoot! The "no shirt, no shoes, no service" rule doesn't really apply here. Joshua always leaves for school wearing shoes and comes home shoeless. He's adapted very well. Even school concerts and activities have clear instructions of "no shoes!" My kids very much love being able to go everywhere barefoot! I don't mind except having to wash those little, dirty feet every night. Well, they are just kids so a little dirt won't hurt them!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love being barefoot! It's not safe on the streets of Cairo - only very poor tiny children are without shoes here. Looks like I'll have to visit you in SA to wiggle my toes a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook