Blogging Fun12:46 AM
Pilar, over in Spain, tagged me and gave me an award! How fun! I met Pilar through the blogging world. Her family are missionaries in Spain. It's been so encouraging for me to meet other missionary women/mom's serving the Lord in various places all over the world!
Ok, on to the tag. I'm supposed to post 7 things that people don't necessarily know about me. Man, this is tough! Hmmm...
1. Well, when I was in high school my friend, Kristi, and I got out my Barbie dolls and played Barbie. I guess we wanted to tap back into our childhood. Sorry, Kristi!
2. I went white water rafting about 10 years ago. We had a young guide who took us over some tides that were a bit, shall we say, strong? All of us sitting in the back fell out. The water was so strong that I wasn't coming up to the surface. I really thought I was going to die. Then, all of a sudden someone pulled me up. The people that saw it happen said all they saw was people flying out everywhere!
3. I love to ride my bike. Although, I don't do it very often. A childhood friend of mine and myself would often ride our bikes through town. (Oops, sorry mom, if you didn't know that!)
4. I've eaten lots of interesting foods. In Thailand, I ate bamboo soup. Don't try it. Bamboo is good for a lot of things but not eating. In Mongolia, I ate yak tongue and yak cheese sandwiches. Again, not on my list of favorite foods.
5. The first 18 years of my life, I only lived in 3 different houses. Since I've been married, I've lived in 7! (Oh, just added one more to the list!)
6. When I was in high school, I got my HAM radio license. My license number was KC5NKU. How do I remember such random things!?
7. Some of my extracurricular activities as a school girl growing up included tap, tumbling, basketball, and playing the flute. I also served on the Yearbook staff for 3 years of high school and loved it!
Any readers who want to participate in this tag, feel free! And send me the link to your post!
Pilar gave me an awesome award! It's my desire that God's light would shine through me so what a blessing that she gave me an award of shining His light through this blog. I pray that this blog is a light to others and offers hope, encouragement, laughter, love, and lots of lots of smiles.
I have read so many blogs lately who shine His light! I don't even know where to begin! Pilar, this award definitely goes right back at you!
Don't forget to leave your comment for the giveaway. Winners will be drawn tomorrow at 9 PM South African time! Best of luck!