Spring Is In The Air

1:07 AM

I love spring here in SA. The weather gradually changes from chilly days to sun shining warmth. The warm air brings shorts, tank tops, bare feet, and frequent braais. It's just lovely. But my favorite...oh, my favorite are the jacarandas. Trees turning from green leaves to a purple sea of beauty. It's spectacular.

jacarandas

white river

jacaranda lined streets

jacaranda petals

jacaranda petal

Even when we lived in Connecticut, spring had a special place in my heart. While I loved the sights and smells of fall, spring meant life. The streets became alive with people after winter hibernation. The bulbs that kept their safety in the ground suddenly started sprouting up to catch the spring sun. Life...

What about you? What's your favorite season? What makes it your favorite?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. These photos made me shed a teeny tear. It was good to see pictures of home. :) And my favourite season would be autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you show the big purple trees and then a petal on the ground with droplets of rain... dramatic actually. :) Never seen a purple tree before now. :)

    Jen, you just gotta musta haffta read that book "Same Kind of Different"....

    Sonlight is a great curriculum. I have heard of Heart of Dakota but never looked into it! I will!

    Also, a sight you might like for Emma, its a free interactive sight and they use it in the school system here... http://www.starfall.com

    Its really neat at getting the children used to phonics and such. Annah's favorite is "My Horse Glory" which is under the "Learn to Read" button. She loves calling the vet... they have a play phone with the vets number on it and then she has to match the numbers on the phone to the keyboard and if she dials wrong it comes up with a pizza delivery guy or something... its so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I was just thinking of these trees the other day (my sis is living in Pretoria) and she told me winter was over! And I looooove these trees! :o) Remind me of horton hears a who I don't know why. :o)

    My fav. season is summer. For a million reasons. :o)

    And I love good books too. :o) If you recommend any, let me know! :o) I'm about to start (again) the same kind of different as me. Hear it's pretty awesome. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook