Trying To Learn...Patience

12:13 AM

Yes, that's right.  I've never failed a subject in my life.  I guess there's a first for everything.  Because I'm failing...at learning patience.

cheese!

I never knew I was impatient until I had kids, and then it stared me in the face like a huge zit.  I've had two great teachers for seven years now and I'm still working on it.  They must have the patience of a turtle.  Their only student still failing after seven years of intense classroom and practical teaching.

swinging

You see, I'm one of those get it done at the cost of everyone else kind of people.  I'm not proud of that but it's the honest truth.  That's one reason I'm very excited about a sabbatical.  Learning to slow my life down for the benefit of everyone around me is going to be huge! So pray that this gal learns to do just that!

walking through the park

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I think that photo of Emma Grace is my favourite one yet - love her expression and the sunlight on her hair!

    Right there with you on getting things done at the expense of others. For me it has a lot to do with not being willing to put my task on hold so that I can give my family my full attention then go back to the task - I want to get it done and then find out what is going on with them.

    One of the things I'm experimenting with is setting aside individual time for each of my children, my husband, and my cat(!) each day, and fitting in my task priorities around that. Still working on being more interruptable though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That intensity is part of your personality and makes you good at those things you excel at. The other part of the puzzle is trying to harness it when needed. The one thing about children is that when they know they are intensely loved, those moments of impatience seem to roll off their back quickly.

    Love your pictures, you always capture 'essence'... if that makes an ounce of sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you guys already and thinking about you. Remember to be gentle with yourself! You are an amazing mother and I hope one day to be at least half as amazing as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether it's patience or some other fruit of the Spirit....having children definitely helps us to see what fruit we need to work on...

    I just had my first grandbaby...she's still in the hospital she's so new :-) and I am hoping that in area's I was weak with my own children...I am stronger in when it comes to my grandchildren.

    Enjoy this sabbatical and let this be a time of strengthening those weaker areas...and if it helps any...patience is one weaker fruits in me too...but it's getting better....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook