Taking The Plunge

11:59 PM

taking a photo

Sometimes I crack myself up.  I have wanted to take a photography class for years.  Literally.  Since we lived in Connecticut.  So you'd think when the opportunity presented itself, I was excited.  No, I was actually nervous and scared as all get out!  I haven't sat in a classroom in so long.  And what if there are people like 10 years younger than me?  I would feel so out of place.  What if the class is way too advanced for my photographic skills?  Homework?  I haven't had homework since high school.  And then there were the commitment issues.  Six weeks where I had to be in town?  For us traveling Price's, that is some serious commitment.

BUT I decided I needed to "take the plunge" and just do it!  And the beautiful thing is that I'm taking the class with my great friend, Courtney.  And now I am EXCITED!  Three hours, one day a week, learning more about something I love, with a little girl time thrown in.  It's going to be grand!

I'm really excited about the curriculum.  It's an Intermediate class that focuses on learning more about your camera's features including controlling sharpness and exposure, using the flash and lighting, and capturing color, to name a few.  I'm looking forward to putting what I learn into practice and taking better photos!  I start next Wednesday!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. What a great photograph - and I love your expression, too.

    Enjoy the class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great....your photography skills already intimidate me....

    but I'm happy for you....I'd love to do the same thing. I have 5 precious subjects in my home and I want to capture them as beautiful as they are.....sometimes I can't do them justice..ya know?!

    I want to be better at picture taking too...maybe you could share a few practical tips when you learn about them...help a girl out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea!! I'm going to look for one here. I got a new camera for Christmas and keep wishing I new how to use some of the manual settings, but have to stick with auto.

    Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting!!! I was working a on post last night about advice on how to take fairly good pictures with a point and shoot lol.

    I bet you'll have fun, can't wait to see your photos :)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!!! :o) I'm excited for you! I think you're already great, so now when you learn even more, I can't wait to see what you can shoot! :o)

    My gpa just gave me a canon A-E1. It's a manual one, and i am in a photo class that does manual stuff so we can develop and all that. :o) I'm excited. So it's focusing on the black and white photography. I'm pretty stoked! :o)

    Good luck with your class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like lots of fun! I'm glad you have the opportunity to do this Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did it, too! Signed up for a Photography Composition class to start with and then will do one like yours later.

    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so young at heart, I can't imagine anyone will look at us and think we are old! :-)

    I can't wait to get started next week! I think it is so funny we both went through the same process with this class and are now both so excited!

    Thank goodness it wasn't the other way around...excited, register for the class, THEN hesitant and unsure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very very very very exciting!!! I can't wait to see what you learn, you already have such amazing photographs and I really love your new logo collage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm SO jealous! Maybe you will inspire me to do the same.

    Can you share with us what you learn??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook