Reading...The Rescue

1:11 AM

the rescue

I just finished reading this book by Nicholas Sparks.  It was the first book by him that I've read.  This author came as a recommendation, and since I've seen some of his books in movie form (The Notebook, A Walk To Remember), I figured I would probably like it.  And I did!  Whether it's the season of life I'm in right now or the fact that I just love a good love story, this book hit the spot!  The author mingles love and pain to deliver a stunning story.  The ending isn't picture perfect, but the characters do find some redemption in the end.  I can't wait to read more of his books!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I always appreciate a good author recommendation - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like most of his books...especially The Notebook. I haven't read this one yet but would like to at some point. I think the movie you referred to in your post was really "A Walk to Remember." Part of it was filmed in my hometown! Nicholas Sparks is actually from New Bern, NC which is close to where I'm from originally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read that book years ago...is it about a little boy that goes missing and he has a disability and single mom????
    A Walk to Remember was one of my favoritest movies... didn't read the book but I saw the movie... sooooooooo good...and the Notebook...saw the movie but didn't read the book... Glad it was good for your soul! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook