Birthday Paintings

1:06 AM

I don't call myself a painter, but I've come to a place where I actually enjoy being creative with a brush and canvas.  Enjoying and making something visually appealing are two different things but that's not always the point, right?  A couple of weeks ago, I got this idea to paint Jeremy a picture for his birthday.  I know it was one of those God moments.  I had this beautiful image in my head and this is what I was able to do...

jen's guitar painting

scriptures by guitar

Now there is some meaning to this which I won't go into, but it has to do with words people have given, etc.  The scripture along the side reads...

Praise the Lord!  Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise in the congregation of the godly ones.  Let Israel be glad in his Maker; let the sons of Zion rejoice in their King.  Let them praise His name with dancing; let them sing praises to Him with timbrel and lyre.  For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation."  Psalm 149:1-4

joshua's painting
joshua's painting

emma g's painting
emma g's painting

I also had the kids paint him a picture.  Because I was doing a guitar, they joined in with the theme, although, they said they had the idea first.  Good artists copy; great artists steal, right?  I don't think Jeremy will mind several paintings of guitars. :)

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Very nice! Love the use of colour!! :) How encouraging to see how you're all blessing each other with your creativity, time, and talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so much fun! If we lived in the same place we could have artist's "coffee" dates! I have a closet full of knitting stuff, books, writing stuff, canvases, and camera/picture stuff.. .It's my "office" and it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your painting, and the kids' paintings will look great alongside it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmmmmm, pretty sure I would keep all three of those and hang them up as a piece! :) SO cute! I'm in a painting class right now (oil) and it... is.... HARD. :) I think you would loooove my art classes. I def. don't. I just am ready for the photography part, and I'm sick of all this other stuff. :) hahah. I would like it if they weren't for grades probably. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guitar inspired paintings! That would be wonderful to have them framed and hanging them up together.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Happy Belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook