looking forward to 2011

12:11 AM

Oh, 2011 what do you hold?  Although, I would probably get a little overwhelmed and freaked out if I actually knew.  I look forward to God speaking some direction and wondering where we will be living.  I look forward to God building upon the work He did in me in 2010.  I look forward to living a more relaxed, less expectation (the ones I put on myself) filled life.

winter ice

There are so many things I look forward to in 2011, but if I had to choose one word that I feel will characterize 2011, it would be dream.  Last year's word was very appropriately peace, but I believe this year it's dream.  The other day I was driving in the car, pondering and praying if there would be a word for this year.  Dream stuck out in my mind like no other word did.  The dreaming exercises I've done during this sabbatical have been so significant.  Not only did I find freedom in letting myself dream, but I've also realized that I can dream apart from my husband (who has no inhibitions with dreaming). 

Yes, I'm looking forward to this year.  I'm already seeing some of my dreams that I wrote down just a few months ago starting to come true.  I can't wait to share it with you when the time is right!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This post made me think of Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, this was so encouraging for me to read. I was praying for you and Jeremy yesterday and spent a lot of time asking God to really help you dream big this year and to have the courage to pursue whatever dreams it is He is putting on your heart. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Jen! You inspire me and I love that you are always looking forward to what's next!
    Have a beautiful 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful word this year!! Anything is possible:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook