snickerdoodles

12:20 AM

snickerdoodles

Lately, the kids have been asking for snickerdoodles. We made these lots in Africa, where, unfortunately, my favorite recipe is packed away.  I decided to bake them some and stick them in their Valentine's mailboxes!  I used this recipe from Joy of Baking and while they turned out tasty, there was something missing.  I remember my recipe using cream of tartar, and I'm convinced that's the secret ingredient.  However, until I can return to my treasured recipe, I believe these will do just fine!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I use my Mom's recipe and it has Cream of Tartar. Let me know if you want to try it, maybe it will be more like the one you are used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love snickerdoodles too! Good idea for valentine treats instead of the predictable candy. It would be nice to see them show up more often than just at Christmastime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook