dollar fifty a day

1:28 AM

As you all know, my photography has been growing and building over the past few months.  I have had to put aside insecurities to step out into obedience.  I am stepping out once again as I've entered one of my India photos into the Dollar Fifty A Day photo contest by Jeremy Cowart.  As 1.4 billion people in the world live on less than $1.50 a day, Jeremy asks what means to live below the extreme poverty line.  My interpretation was pretty easy as my mind traveled back to the brothel where girls earn an average of $1.50 a day.  Such a meager earning only to be paid toward an insurmountable debt.  If that's not living below the line then I don't know what it is.

in the doorway color

I would love if you would take a moment to visit my photo on the Dollar Fifty A Day site and "like" it on Facebook.  The top 10 photos will be curated by Jeremy at a special exhibition in New York and the top 3 "liked" photos go into the running to be featured on a TV art spot on Ovation.  You can also take the challenge to live on $1.50 a day for a week.  What a beautiful way to try and put ourselves in other's shoes!

If you would like to help tell your friends to "like" my photo, there's a share button under the like button.  Thank you!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great work entering the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry. Good luck in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It Would Be My Pleasure To "Like" This Photo On Facebook! It's Sensational! But The "Meaning" Behind The Images Is What Got Me! Heaven Is Leading Me This Month To My More Spiritual Side. Dreaming Spiritual. Painting Spritual. Visiting With Others Who Touch My Spirit. Sending You Heartfelt Wishes Of Success In The Competition Sweet Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to use your photography as social advocate. This is a beautiful capture and yet so heartwrenching. Thank you for reminding and sharing. I'll like it and pass it along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a powerful interpretation Jen. Beautiful photo! I liked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you betcha my sweet friend...I am on my way...your photo is stunning! Such a sad way to make a living....hugs..you have a great heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook