kickin' it panda style

1:12 AM

When mom has a bum back, you never know what avenues the kids might take to entertain themselves.  In my case, I got a front row seat to a little kung fu fighting (all in jest, of course).  By the end of the day, the living room floor was buried under a pile of pillows, blankets, and I don't know what else.  They did clean it up themselves.  Thankfully.

The kids are playing Kung Fu Panda. The LR is a mess but they are having fun!

I do want to thank you for your suggestions in response to my plea for easing my back pain.  I took my son's advice, gave in, and went to the doctor.  I couldn't handle not being able to walk or stand properly and I didn't know how long it was going to last!  Apparently my hip got out of whack and in the process pinched a nerve.  Fun.  I don't have instant relief but I do believe I am on the road to recovery.  Yea!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Good advice, Josh, and well done, Jen, for taking it! I can relate to laying on the sofa and letting the natural kid entertainment run its course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I had the same thing happen to my hips. I went to physical therapy due to the pinched nerve. He gave me an exercise to do that fixes it quickly every time it happens, and now I can recognize and fix it before the pinched nerve becomes excruciating. Let's see if I can describe it adequately:
    1. Lie flat on your back.
    2. Bend one leg slightly so that your heel can dig into the ground.
    3. Bend other leg until your thigh is perpendicular to ceiling. (knee pointed at ceiling, calf parallel to ceiling) Place hands on thigh near knee, ready to push back against pressure.
    5. Simultaneously, dig your heel into the ground while pushing your other leg against your hands. Push as hard as you can and hold for five seconds. Repeat as necessary. You should know which side needs to be pushed up/down but if you are not sure, it will not hurt to do it on both sides.
    I received instant relief after doing this, and still do it every time I carry a child on my hip or anything else that can throw my hips out. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh is a smart boy! One of my IRL friends is going through the same thing (or something similar) right now - no fun. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook