padawan in training

1:11 AM

Before we left for vacation, I had the idea to bring my D40, thinking maybe I could teach Joshua some SLR basics.  I'm so glad I brought it!  He has been showing a growing interest in photography, and I want to nurture that interest as long as he wants me to.

padawan in training

With special guidelines on how to handle the camera and a few tips on getting the shot, we took a little time on morning one of camping to capture the nature right outside our tent door.  He also took a few photos when we went to Arches National Park.  He did such a great job!  These are a few of his shots straight from the camera.  (I resisted the temptation to edit them because I think it takes away from his artistic expression.)

we both followed this bug along for a while
bug

i don't have a whole lot of pics of myself and i love that he got me doing something that i love!
mama photographer

anyone that can capture this girl right after waking, and get her to smile, is award winning
sister just woke up

yep!  that's my boy!
padawan photographer

view of arches national park from the car
at arches national park

another great one of his sister
sister in the car

i asked him to take a picture of us at arches
mom & dad

Didn't he do a fabulous job??

PS: Don't forget to enter the purple love giveaway!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Nikki would love for me to let her borrow the camera more, but we only have one. Like the mirror picture, and the big smile on Emma G's face! :) Go, Josh! (Safer than rock climbing, huh?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS great fun to put a camera in the hands of the kids - I gave my really old (though digital) camera to my boys and they have taken great pics. There´s also the possibility for them to make short movies and those have been totally hilarious - we all love the results! :-)

    Lovely pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I see a photographer in the making =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics!! Certainly a talented photographer in the making!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, Joshua! You're on your way to being a great photographer with a great teacher! I love the perspectives kids give with a camera in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some wonderful pictures! He did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job! I love the natural artists that your children are and that you nurture that in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook