bubble wands

1:18 AM

Before we left for Africa, Emma G, her friend, and I made bubble wands!  At least they were intended to be bubble wands.  I even had visions in my head of capturing photos of huge bubbles just before they left the wire to float into the air.  Either I didn't do the opening quite right or my homemade bubble brew was insufficient.  I read somewhere that Joy was the best to use for homemade bubbles.  I decided instead to use what I had on hand.  Maybe that was the problem.

framing her eye

Here's the thing, though, with kids.  Their imagination is incredible.  First off, Miss Emma wanted hers to be in the shape of a star instead of round (her friend was much easier to please).  I did my best to shape it that way (yes, that is a star in the pic).  When the bubbles didn't work, she was quite content because she now had a princess wand instead!

star wand

The moral of the story is this.  If you set out to make bubble wands and they turn into princess wands, never fear!  At least your craft wasn't done in vain.

Don't forget to enter here to win a three pack of Hermie kid's books!

Linking up with the lovely Jennifer @ Studio JRU and all the other lovely creatives over there for Sneak Peek Friday.

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. It looks like a star princess wand to me - lol! I love a girl with imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously LOVE this! What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the old saying about lemons and lemonade. I think you did very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute...I love the magic of blowing bubbles and a nice wand would make it even more enjoyable ;} I lay in my hammock and blow bubbles all the time...big kid at heart...I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It definitely looks like a star!

    What a shame it didn't work out with the bubble solution. I've heard Dawn is also good for bubbles? But I think the real secret is adding glycerin or the clear Karo syrup. Haven't tried it myself, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who cares that it didn't work? You ahve a cool wand instead. I am sure your next batch of bubbles will be more bubbly. :-)

    I am a new follower from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. If you have a chance, stop by http://messforless.blogspot.com and say hi!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! And it makes for a fantastic princess wand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! First time I visit your blog ... I am your newest followers from Blog-Hop!.What matters is to have fun making them, right?
    I hope you get some time to stop by my blog and follow me back.
    I look forward to know you better through your blog ... Have great week!

    http://mommyhoodsdiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A girl needs as many wands as she can get. I am sure she had tons of fun in the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a cute wand, and an even cutier little one! I have friends (well, my brother's in-laws) who live in Africa as missionaries to the sick. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice ... definitely a great princess with her wand of fine bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bubbles might have been a bust but the magic wand wasn't, great post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the star shaped bubble wand - what a wonderful idea your daughter had!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SHEER brilliance! YOU KNOW I got to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. *bubbles* can win over anyone...this is so sweet, what a beautiful moment to document forever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. princess looks beautiful with bubble wand....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook