her birthday sweater vest

1:11 AM

looking up

I love sweater vests and decided it would be the perfect handmade gift for my girlie for her birthday.  Although it's still too hot here for any type of sweaters (we're still having some 90 degree days), it hasn't stopped her from wearing it.  We gave it to her on her birthday (September 29th), and it was hot!  She happily put it on and wore it the rest of the day.  That warms my heart more than the weather!

modeling her vest

I've learned over the years to involve her in any kind of decision that has to do with clothes.  I didn't tell her what I was making but took her to the shop with me to pick out a color.  Didn't she do a good job picking out this beautiful green?

wooden buttons

I made her the Plain Vest by Pickles using 2 skeins of Vanna's Choice yarn in Fern.  The pattern for the first year is free but the other sizes you have to buy.  Although she usually runs in the smaller sizes, I decided to knit the vest in the 7-8 size because I was worried she would outgrow the 5-6 too quickly.  So glad I did that, because it fits her so nicely!

acting silly

I had kind of taken a knitting hiatus, so it felt good to bring out the needles again.  Now I'm in full knitting fever with Christmas gifting on the brain.

StudioJRU


Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday!  Don't forget to enter to win Sweet Confections!

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. It´s beautiful and she picked a great color! Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The girl and the vest! I love how you involved her in the colour selection, without giving away the surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a beautiful girl and knows her own mind. They grow up too fast for us, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love it! It looks like a simpler, smaller version of the Shalom cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, that vest is so stinkin' cute!!! It is beautiful... and so is your baby girl! My baby girl's birthday is the 27th (she's 35) and I made her a sweater last year. I know it warms your heart for her to enjoy wearing it so much. Great job! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful...and so is your daughter...Happy Birthday to her!

    I love the green and knit is one of the things I really appreciate, but can't really do! =)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vest and love the pics of your daughter wearing it! She looks great in green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a beautiful vest for your sweet little girl! :) I really like that green.

    By the way, I love the pose in the second photo -- little drama queen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That vest is a gorgeous color and design...more inspiration for the aspiring knitters here at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweatervest is so cute! And so is the girl wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful sweater vest, and model! I am so glad you went with the larger size too, it fits perfectly. I might need to look something like this up for my little one. We have cooler weather but a short season, and she is very warm natured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She DID do a good job of picking that color; green makes her beautiful eyes pop! Love that pattern and admire your knitting skills, Jen! Making things for the people you love is the best, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh beautiful girl in her beautiful sweater vest! What wonderful photos! Awesome work! And a great color, for sure :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    running behind in my blog visits! But wanted to be sure I stopped by to say thank you so much for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh you did a great job and she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the vest is lovely and so is this sweetie ... happy needles ... to ya

    ReplyDelete
  16. The vest is lovely, and your photos are stunning! Emma G is quite the little model, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now, that is pretty! She is adorable in it too.

    I learned the same thing with my girls. You can buy all the things you want that you like BUT! they will fight you if you make them wear it and then they will be mad all day AND on top of that they will not feel good about how they look. Smart Mamma!!!! Boy??? They don't care...unless you want them to look like babies...then they care A LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh...I love it! Always love your pics and the sweater vest is fantastic. I tried knitting once but just couldn't get the rhythm. Are you taking orders? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty eyes...green suits her.... love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a fabulous job. Love the colour. It becomes your adorable daughter!

    And once again, your photos are stunning!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boy it's hard to compete with those BIG blue eyes ;} The green vest is so cute and she looks great in it...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is the best birthday present ever! She is so adorable. What a great job she did picking that color. I love green! And I love her blue nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Soooo cute!! I need to learn how to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahmagads, that's lovely! And it looks great on her. She really DID do a great job picking a color. I love how it looks with her skin tone. Those buttons are fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook