a scrap bunting

1:23 AM

Do you remember the triangles I was working on last month?  I really wanted to finish the bunting or banner (or whatever you want to call it) in time for the birthdays.  I'm happy to report that I accomplished my goal!  I actually made too many triangles.  Totally fine by me.  I plan on making more of these.  I love using up scraps to make something fun!

above the closet

I used a triangle template from Sew 4 Home, because I stumbled upon it which meant I didn't have to try and make my own.  I debated on the best way to make the triangles.  I finally settled on just pinning two together, right sides facing out, and sewing down the sides (I didn't sew the top).  It was the simplest and I've been in the mood for frayed edges lately anyway.

scrap bunting
for the record, i really don't like popcorn ceilings

I bought a 3 yd. piece of bias tape at the store which accommodated 22 triangles.  It did indeed hang from the food table at the birthday, but I think it looks better in its new home, above Emma G's closet doors.  She loves it.  The next birthday in this house isn't until April, so my goal is to make a bunting that actually says happy birthday.  I'm pretty sure I can get it done by then!

StudioJRU

Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU and all the lovely creatives over there for Sneak Peek Friday.  Don't forget to enter my Smack Dab In The Middle of God's Love giveaway!

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Lovely bunting, I've only ever made on row but have lots of scraps so you may have inspired me to go back and use them, tfs Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bunting turned out beautifully, Jen! So colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell someone really likes this bunting!! ;) Very cute, Jen! blessings ~ Tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. greetings from a warm and sunny South Africa, bunting always brings a smile to my face..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your link on StudioJRU! That is adorable! I have that same popcorn ceiling in my family room! I make my own patterns sometimes but it's so much easier when there's a template that someone else already made. This is a great way to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! I am thinking of using a bunting in my sons outdoor wedding, strung with white lights outside. A garden party theme. You did a great job! I was thinking of twine and only one sided with hot glue so it would be easy to throw together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate popcorn ceilings ... but love your banner ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really cool- I have so many scraps & bias tape for what seems like miles. What a great thing to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely! One of these days I'm going to make a banner too! I have enough fabric and tons of bias tape!

    I'm actually having a fabric giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out.

    Visiting from Studio JRU! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bunting is so in right now - such a cute trend.... Yours is really cute! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. looove bunting right now ... this piece is beautiful. wish I had more time to make some with my scraps ... maybe for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this. You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my neighbor did this in her girl's room!! Love it! By the way, I love the green vest you knitted your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how those pretty colors pop from the neutral wall. It looks amazing! You are inspiring me to make one for my studio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. super sweet and i love the yellow and strawberry fabric.
    super cute.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Jen! Your bunting reminds me of the one I had in my store...I actually "painted" a black bunting all around the top of the walls and then added round silver balls at the tips from which I hung artwork...it was fun and easy and everyone commented on it. I'm sure you'll have the birthday bunting done in time {hugs} Roberta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook