a little home decoration

12:01 AM

I love it when I set out on creative projects to discover that the elements I need are already in my home!  I recently received a map from Maps.Com.  (You might have seen my post on Saturday.)  I love having a map in my home.  Someday my husband and I would love to have a HUGE map that pretty much covers an entire wall where we can pin the places our family has traveled to.  I know it would give me an itching to travel even more!  For now, I'm content to even have a map in our home.  This map we received has Wallzilla on the back which is a very cool self-adhesive.  I stuck it on a canvas and hung it, but you can even stick it directly on the wall.  I love that it's not permanent so adjustments can be made if you don't get it on straight. :)  You can read my Today's Mama review as well as my review on the Maps.Com blog for more details.

map on the wall

I was inspired this week by Beach House In The City to dress up a cork board that we acquired for free this summer.  I used the same red stain that we used on the chalkboard and stained the edges.  Then I took some gray material and pinned it to the cork.  It's serving as my photography inspiration board right now.  I think I need a bigger board but this one will do for now!

photographic inspiration cork board

Earlier this week, I finished designing my 2012 Calendar which is now available for pre-order, by the way.  Can't wait to have this new practical piece of art hanging in my kitchen!

2012 Calendar Cover

I have seriously been in a creating mood.  I haven't necessarily felt like I've had the time lately, but rather that I need to make the time.  Have you been in a creative mood lately?

StudioJRU

Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peak Friday.  Be sure to enter my giveaway for 100 Devotions, 100 Bible Songs.  It would make a great Christmas gift!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. The time issue is definitely a factor!! Grrr... Jen, do you think they have a map of just the US (would be easier to see places we have traveled with the kids)? I'll have to go check it out! Thank you! Hope you find a niche of time to exercise your creative spirit! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. great ideas with the map and cork board, very cool. Love how you arranged the cameras around the board too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been painting a rug! I love your posts!! Love your creativity too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was from me--Karen..I can't seem to post comments to google anymore...I don't know what I changed in the settings...but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in a creative mood, but finding the time for it can be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming by from Studio JRU again...love that cover photo! Mmmmm, lately, I have been having more and more time to create, but instead of late at night, it is early in the morning, the marginal hours... + the sweet tweener is getting more independent in her school work and much help around the house - what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having the maps in the home really do make it so easy to nurture the curious side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful picture with this delightful butterfly, lovely. I wish you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that gray with the red stained sides Jen! So pretty. Such cool camera too! I have been wanting to create things for the house lately too... but other things have been coming up first. I agree... it more about making the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! So many creative ideas and projects...but, so little time. I hope you find the time to create. :) Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a good idea...need to be creative around my home this weekend as well..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Tips....When making plans for a home decorating project, it is important to sit down and write down your ideas and goals. Without a plan the experience may become confusing and frustrating. There are many details to work out when planning to decorate your home such as theme, materials and intentions for the space being decorated. It is pointless to get up one morning thinking I'll decorate my dining room today. It would be a nice thought but without previous planning, doubtfully the project would amount to much. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Home decorating tips such as this are helpful.
    Thanks
    building in foreclosure elk grove village

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you want to make your home really look really beautiful , paintings are the best way to do it believe home looks very well decorated . If you are looking to find Oil Paintings Reproductions at very economical price or cheap rates, you must visit wahooart.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook