2012 :: risk

12:17 AM

2012 : risk

A couple of years ago, I started asking God what the word for the year would be.  I have to admit that I like it much better than a list of resolutions.  I love looking back on the year and seeing just how much the word rings true.  Peace and dream, words from past years, definitely made their mark and brought definition.

Several weeks ago, I started praying and asking God what the word for 2012 would be.  My mind was a total blank but a few days later it came...risk.  Funny that the next Sunday at church the new series was on this exact topic.  I don't fully know what it means but that's the exciting part.  There's an anticipation to see what God throws my way and how it will all play out.

I'm not a natural risk taker so I'm thinking lots of faith exercising will be on the agenda.  Always a good thing. :)

Do you write New Year's resolutions or are you a one word girl like me?


Linking up with OneWord ThreeSixtyFive.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. That's a bold word! I've thought about choosing one word, but then I think of more than one word and can't decide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bodes for an exciting 2012, Jen!! I will be cheering from the sidelines for your new horizons! My word for this year is: embrace. ;) blessings ~ Tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a one word girl, too, Jen :) Yes, I think you are right; there will be some faith stretching in your new year! My word for the year is: hospitality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Elisa, can't settle on only one word for the year. And you know I love my monthly goals, especially with littles underfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your word sounds exciting! I don't make resolutions or have just a word. I like to have a "focus" for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much excitement within that one little word. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm SO not a risk taker! Good for you!! I just wrote about this yesterday! I don't generally do very well with resolutions, so I'm a one word girl! My word for this year is: remain (from John 15:9, about remaining in God's love). I hope you have a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't know about this group, OneWord 365 and will enjoy watching your journey this year and all the RISK that you are going to be taking and all the adventures that you are going to have as you take on more risk...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SUPER exciting!! I'm looking forward to reading about what "risky" adventures the Lord takes you on this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I get that thrill of excitement and pang of apprehension all at the same time for you! But knowing "our God" it will be amazing! I am SO happy to be a small part of the ride as your friend from across the miles!! So thankful that He brought our hearts together here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with you on the one word, mine is focus...Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook