her honeycomb

12:28 AM

The minute I saw this pattern I knew it was the right one for Miss Emma.  After finishing Joshua's afghan, however, I thought maybe I should find a simpler one for the sake of time.  After browsing Ravelry, there just wasn't one that caught my eye, and so I began the Honeycomb.  I made a little goal that would ensure it's completion.  If I knit so many inches a day, I could finish it in time for Christmas.

honeycomb throw

Goals are great, but sometimes there's a time when they just aren't realistic.  And that's exactly what happened.  I chose to be a happy mama, enjoying the holidays, rather than a driven, crazy woman trying to finish a blanket. 

laying on the throw

So you know what I did?  I wrapped that unfinished honeycomb and put it under the tree.  You know how hard that was to do?  Very hard!  And you know what Emma G did?  Right after opening it, she promptly brought it over to me, not uttering a single word.  She's hilarious, that girl.

looking up

If only Christmas would have waited two weeks...

StudioJRU

Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday.  It's a great place to share your creativity with such an encouraging group of ladies.  Please check it out!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Looks lovely though - timing things can surely be difficult when it comes to crafting! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!! And perfect for Miss Emma G!! Thank you for the pattern. ;) Some things are worth the wait. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful blanket! I barely knit enough to know that something like that takes a long time! I know that she will love it for the rest of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! I wish you could teach me to knit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Jen! And you were a very smart mama indeed to let it be finished after Christmas instead of knitting like a crazy woman! It is a beautiful gift - no matter when it was finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet :) The afghan and the girl :) But seriously, I love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it is so beautiful!!! You did the right thing, though! When she grows up, she will look back and realize that a less-stressed mother was better than opening a finished afghan. I am sure the blanket looks better than if you would have rushed it, too. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wise woman! And a smart girl! The pattern is great...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful blanket! I adore the colours. What a sweet girl!

    xoxo Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is beautiful!! How cute that she brought it to you without a word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh Jen this is so pretty and you should be very proud indeed ;} It makes a lovely Valentines gift as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! And it's great she didn't say a word. She didn't need to...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! My mom did the same thing to me this year too! :) Really. And I totally understood. What a gorgeous pattern this is. You did such a beautiful job! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful blanket- fabulous colors, great pattern and a beautiful child with a great sense of humor! gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook