wish i were here...

12:25 AM

This weekend I found myself browsing some old photos. I love doing this. Seeing old photos with fresh eyes feels like finding hidden treasures. These photos were taken in 2005, when I took photos with a cheap Kodak digital camera and had no idea words like aperture, f stop, or ISO even existed. I polished these up with a little Photoshop love, and now I wish one of those little dots standing there.

little island

S. Africa July 20-Sept 1 05 168

beautiful coast

The drive along the coastline to Africa's southernmost tip is stunning. It's always been a highlight anytime we've traveled to Cape Town. I wish I was there now... Sigh...

Update: Thank you for praying for my friend's parents after their tragic accident. Tim went to be with Jesus February 7 at 4:20 pm, his wife's hand in his. Please continue to pray for his wife, Linda, and two daughters, Elisa and Erin, as they mourn his passing and celebrate his life.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. If you were here right now, i would have insisted you drop in for a cup of Tea, however it is a tad hot today some juice would be better... So sorry about the news will pray..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your friends loss, there are no words, only Grace covering like a blanket.
    Your photos are wonderful, that coastline is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I am so sorry the loss of your friend. I will pray for his family. So sad.

    Your photos of Africa make me wish I were there, too. blessings ~ Tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jen, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend's dad. My heart breaks for his family. I'll continue to lift them up in prayer!

    Those pics from Africa are gorgeous ~ even if they were taken on a cheap camera! You've obviously had an eye for good photos even before you knew what aperture was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous pictures of Africa!

    I'm very sorry for your loss. I pray that his family and friends will experience God's peace that passes understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place, bittersweet news about your friend; a place by our savior is an enviable one, blessings to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos.

    And so sad about Elisa's father.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous pictures. I am so sorry about your friends...sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry about your friend's dad. I will pray for them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook