a slight living room makeover

12:06 AM

I've slowly been making some small changes to my living room over the last couple of months. I tend to take things gradually, and although "gradual" is still the right word for the process, I want to show you what's going on over here!

new curtains

living room

I love curtains but have held off on putting any up. I decided it was time. They create such a home feel that I love. I've always loved IKEA's fabric, and since I've been on a bit of an orange kick, I chose this sturdy Majken fabric with a hint of orange. And there it sat. A huge pile that intimidated me, not because it was too hard. No, it was because it felt like a lot of work to make four huge panels. I finally got it done and Jeremy got them up and I love them.

pillows

I knew I also wanted to make some new pillow covers. Once again I turned to IKEA (don't remember the name of this fabric) and went with a bit more orange. Julie Hermann from Jaybird Quilts has an excellent basic pillow cover tutorial on Sew Mama Sew. I cut my squares the exact size of my pillows to make them look very full. I love them.

new couch

Since Christmas I've been saving money to buy a new couch. I am very thankful for the way God provided when we came back, but my couch, wall, and floor was all the same color. I was just ready for something that was a little more us. So I saved and I sold items we didn't need online until I had enough. It's such a fulfilling moment to reach a goal and see it fulfilled. Even if it is just a couch. :) Can you guess where it came from? You got it right if you guessed IKEA. Guess we have a little trend going on here. I absolutely love my Dansbo dark gray Kivik sofa. Adding the chaise lounge eventually...

StudioJRU

Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I love it! And my favorite part...you have tile throughout your whole room {house, maybe?} which I miss from living in SA {and Haiti}. You made gorgeous choices! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures with a bright and cheerful decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice! The orange really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the orange in the room, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love IKEA! All of our furniture is from there, except our dining room table, because that's a hand-me-down from Mike's childhood!

    Your curtains look amazing, and I love the pillows, too. Color makes such a difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful room...love the pops of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orage/black grey thing ... ya got going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I redecorate rooms very gradually, too. The colors you chose look really nice together! I think my fav is the yellow desk, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! It is so rewarding to save up for something and then get it. I always enjoy it more that way. And great work on the curtains and pillows, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new decorating! That orange really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange is the new tan! It all looks very contemporary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh... your living room looks great Jen! Love the gray couch. Fantastic pop of color in the curtains and pillows. And I *love* the yellow desk as a tv stand! It is so fun to use furniture in unexpected ways like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! Gradually is the best way, I think it feels more like home when it's done that way...can't wait to see where all you take it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your living room makeover looks wonderful! Love the bright pops of color! And a great couch too (I love going to Atlanta's Ikea when we can). It's fun to set aside for something and then see that come to fruition. (We are setting aside for my hubby and I to do a cruise or all-inclusive trip, to celebrate his past big # bday, and our 30th anniversary we had in Feb...with our grandbaby's birth-to fly and spend a wonderful time with them around Easter, and a graduation and a wedding this year, we thought to wait until next year or the following to do the "two of us" trip). ...that will give us plenty of time to accumulate enough from what we set aside a little at a time each month.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your fabric choices, it looks so fresh and pretty:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook