cookies and cream cake

12:00 AM

cookies and cream cake

I always let the kids pick what kind of cake they want for their birthday. I've never made a cookies and cream cake, so I was surprised when Joshua picked that as his top choice. Since I was fasting chocolate, that meant I couldn't even try it before serving! Scary! However, I was told it was good, and the piece I saved to try after my fast was quite tasty. We looked at a couple of recipes, and Joshua decided on this one from Annie's Eats. The rich dark chocolate and the moistness of it was amazing. I made it and frosted it the day before, stuck it in the fridge, and pulled it out about an hour before the party. I don't know if that contributed to it being moist or not. I don't usually buy pre-packaged cookies, but I'm afraid I did for this one. Anything for my boy's 10th birthday. :)

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. You didn´t taste it?! Wow - I could never manage that, haha! :-)

    Looks absolutely delish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so moist and delicious! I bet your son loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a top pick for his birthday cake! Looks extremely yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK seriously. I know I've said this before, but Cody & Joshua are SO much alike! I am definitely going to make this cake for him. He LOVES cookies & cream!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook