enjoying the moment

9:02 AM

easter 2012

I tried to write a post last night but organizing my thoughts into something that would be interesting to read seemed too difficult a task after an incredibly fun three day weekend. Celebrating a decade of life of my firstborn and a God who is ALIVE left me with a full heart and tired body last night.

jman easter 

 I didn't take many photos of our Easter fun. In fact, I took three. A rained out day meant we hid eggs inside for the kids to find. That's not exactly the picturesque scene that a photographer dreams of, but as we left our friends' house last night after 7 hours of sitting around the dining room table just talking, I realized that there's times when the moment shouldn't be captured on camera. It should just be enjoyed. As 6 friends reminisced and laughed, with the occasional child coming in for assistance, the hours quickly passed and we found ourselves needing to pull out the Easter leftovers for dinner.

eg easter 

 Sometimes I feel challenged to pick up my camera but more times than not, I feel challenged to set it down and just enjoy the moment. Hope you enjoyed your Easter moments, too...

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. You´re absolutely right - sometimes one needs to put the camera away and just enjoy. I´m glad you had a great time with your friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those people who brings my camera and then almost always forgets to use it! It sounds like you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of your kids!

    I rarely get photos of time with family, and while I would like to have the pictures, I'm glad I tend to be too involved in the moment to think about photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great Easter Jen! I hardly took any photos either. Sometimes it is nice to just enjoy the day and not think about taking photos. You have such a cute group there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending belated birthday wishes to Joshua!! I am sure that your enjoying those moments was the perfect way to spend them!! ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great portraits of your kids! Glad you had such a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook