teacher appreciation

12:00 AM

This week was Teacher Appreciation week. For a crafter like myself, things such as this get me going. A couple of weeks before, I start gathering ideas and talking to the kids. We make a plan and then slowly, each day, we work on it. I'm so thankful they are as into it as I am. I love how they suggest things. I help them when they're stumped, and together we make a plan to say, "Thank you." Here's the little gifts they brought each day. Joshua was only embarrassed about carrying a vase of flowers to school. Other than that, he was totally cool with blessing his teacher.

Day 1 :: An Izze drink in the kids favorite flavor, blackberry.

izze

Day 2 :: Popcorn for a very POPular teacher (inspired from this idea).

popcorn

Day 3 :: Lemonade pie in a jar. This was a Mother's Day idea I found on Our Best Bites. The recipe was easy enough for the kids to make themselves!

lemonade pie
Day 4 :: Flowers. Washed out Izze bottles make great vases. :)

flowers


Day 5 :: A box of homemade chocolates. This was Emma G's idea. I bought cardboard boxes for them to decorate and made Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Truffles (recipe from Sweet Confections) to put inside. She had a great idea!

chocolate box

Did you do any fun things for teacher appreciation? If you need ideas for next year, check out my Today's Mama roundup. So many fun things!

StudioJRU 

 Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday. Awesome creativeness to check out over there!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Fun - we don´t have that in Sweden (though we do appreciate our teachers of course), but before every summer- and christmas break we give the teacher´s little gifts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Terrific ideas, very nicely executed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh!! Josh and Emma G's teachers are so lucky to have them in their classes!! These are the cutest ideas ever! love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I was in charge of the PTO's Teacher Appreciation breakfast and blogged about it- I did a candy theme (Pinterest-inspired of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Lemonade Pie in a jar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such great ideas - I know the teachers are really appreciative of them!!!

    Alesha Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had every intention of doing something creative, but I ended up just buying a few things instead. These ideas are all super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think i should introduce my homeschool kids to teacher appreciation week and have them look at your ideas....;) the pie looks yummy.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Jen! Those are some lucky teachers! They will surely feel appreciated after seeing all of this. The kids did a great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Jen! You blessed their socks off! I love all these ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I would want your kids in my class! What cute and creative ideas. I know the teachers loved them. Thanks for making them special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook