the jane austen dress

12:00 AM

jane austen dress

This little knit was a booger. It's little, so I should have finished it quickly. The top I did finish pretty quickly but that shrug. Oh my. I probably unraveled it 7 times before I got it right. I almost gave up, but I refused to let it get the better of me.

floppy hat

I've had my eye on this Jane Austen dress from Mason Dixon Knitting for some time now. I received the book for Christmas and finally got my supplies to make it. I love this batik print I found at a local fabric shop. Since Emma G is now into purple, I knew I had to incorporate it somehow (another reason I couldn't give up on that shrug).

side view

  drama

After I finished the final touches on this, I packed up ALL my knitting supplies. I feel there's too much going on in my head to think about what I might want to make while in Africa, so I just packed it all away. Jeremy let out a slight gasp when I told him. I assured him that I would be just fine. If I need a quick little satisfying knit, I can always go down to the shop and buy some needles and yarn. For now, I'm happy to have a little knitting break with all the other things I'm trying to focus on.

StudioJRU 


Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. She´s beautiful and so is the dress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! I haven't knit anything besides scarves & a beanie, but I'll get there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! I have been thinking about investing in "Jane Austin Knits" from the Interweave group...I love the soft romantic projects, but this would be so - perfect - for Miss Tweener (if I can size it up)...

    Africa, get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to imagine you not knitting!

    I LOVE the dress - and the shrug definitely makes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest daughter has been drooling over the Jane Austen knits too. These are great color choices. My youngest daughters favorite color is purple so she would be thrilled. I think if it were me knitting supplies would be on the list to take, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from In the Studio - your knitting is awesome - what a beautiful dress, and girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jen!! This little dress and shrug are adorable (as is your model, of course!). You did a beautiful job. I think you are going to be so busy getting ready to go, you probably won't even think of knitting for awhile!

    Love the photos of Jeremy playing! And, that you, Joshua and Emma G are such wonderful support for him. I'd love to be sitting in that coffee shop listening right now. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an adorable dress and your daughter is always the best model!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! You did such a great job, Jen! Emma G is such a sweet model. Looks like she loves her new dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress, top, shrug are gorgeous...and so is your model! Beautiful! (Is the skirt part sewn into the knitted top? And the shrug separate?)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work persevering! Totally turned out awesome! I know what you mean about too many things competing for head space and some just have to be put aside... brave decision.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Jen! And I love the colors, too. Your photo of your girl made me giggle; she looks just like she could be a thoughtful Jane Austen heroine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook