Monday, August 6, 2012

walking the streets

I feel like every time I've gotten on here lately to write a blog post, I'm talking about my brain being on overload, so I won't talk about that this time, I'll just post photos. :)

girl in the streets

the slums

in her doorway

cute boy

These were taken in the area just outside the orphanage where Sseguya lives. It was definitely a poorer area, but what a joy to walk the streets and take photos of ladies sitting in their doorway (even if they thought it was hilarious). The best part was all the children yelling mzungu and walking with me through the streets. I must find the photo someone took of that scene!

7 comments :

Elisa | blissfulE said...

LOVE that doorway photo.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Extraordinary photos, Jen. They speak volumes. I am sure every part of your being is on overload. Thank you for sharing... and, hope you find that photo! blessings ~ tanna

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing a piece of your journey with us!

rooth said...

I'd like to see the picture of the crowd of children following you as well. I'm sure they were all giggles and smiles

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Amazing images, Jen.

{amy} said...

Again, such beautiful pictures! I'm sure you still have so much to process.

Courtney said...

Striking images, I love the one of the woman in the doorway. She is beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...