bracketing

12:00 AM

Have you ever played around with bracketing? For those that think I'm speaking latin, bracketing is when you take a series of photos and basically mesh them together in Photoshop using the parts from each photo that you want to. It can create a more dramatic look. I haven't really done much bracketing, but when we were at Mac Mac Pools recently, I took a shot of the same scene going up and down a few stops. I started with the three images below.

bracketing1

bracketing2

bracketing3

By combining these together and using the parts I wanted to, I created this...

bracketing scene

Kind of cool, huh? I'd like to experiment with it a bit more, but it does make for a fun, creative outlet. Have you ever tried bracketing? Digital photography school has a great (and easy) tutorial on it.


StudioJRU
 


Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday. I encourage you to come and link up your creativity this week!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Interesting post, what can't be done in Photoshop! I'll have to pass this post along to my photography buff sisters and daughter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool! I love how much more detail you achieved in the final picture!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way too cool ... I don't think I'll be getting this effect with my $79 camera!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I didn't even know you could do anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of bracketing but hadn't tried it. You got a great result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow... that is so neat, jen! i have never heard of that term before. love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The end result has so much more depth of field! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook