in the studio :: child photography

12:00 AM


Welcome to In The Studio, a place to show off your studio and meet some great artists! I'm back in my photography studio today. Seriously, my favorite creative place!

EG1

Miss Emma's birthday was the 29th of September, and we (I) just managed to take her nine year old photos. I had grand plans of going into town and taking photos amidst the blooming jacarandas. We didn't make it before our boutique hotel adventure, and when we came back, it seemed the storms knocked most of the blooming purple to the ground. Instead we did a quick "Hey, let's go take photos of you," during a day of a brief respite from the rain. Sometimes I think that's better...a low key and simple photo shoot where we just have fun and don't stress about location and clothes (I also let her pick her clothes...was thrilled when she chose the Jane Austen dress I made her).

EG2

I swear this girl is part angel. I just can't get over her beauty and her sweetness. I'm slightly jealous at how natural she is in front of the camera. We did get some jacaranda blooms in the photo after all. See the purple on the ground??

EG3

Ok, just a couple of more before we get to the link up. She's just too gorgeous.

EG4


Now it's your turn! Remember your "studio" can be anywhere. Let's celebrate each other's creativity by linking up and visiting as many as the other studios as you can. Check out the about post for more info and don't forget to grab the In The Studio button!






You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. oh my goodness!!! what a sweet gift of a child, and yes! she is wonderfully photogenic, and i love your photos, and i can definitely sense your love that using your camera brings to your photos... the background, the innocence,, the dress... so beautiful!! you've captured an amazing time in her life, for sure. Blessings Jen!! {love that dress!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I know about grand plans (and then what really ends up happening). I love these pictures though. They are precious. Great job on the dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures, very beautiful, full of tenderness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is a real natural in front of the camera. I especially love the second set of photographs. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't get over how that sweetness just comes right through the photos! you just know she has a sweet heart. beautiful girl, jen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook