don't you let your children hold snakes?

8:00 AM

with hannah

brave boy

Over the Christmas holidays, we had the pleasure of hosting Jeremy's parents and youngest brother for a couple of weeks. One of those weeks we spent in Durbin at the beach. It's still hard for my Northern Hemisphere mind to wrap itself around a beach holiday during Christmas, but it's what you do here in S. Africa. I'm happy to oblige, but it's still just so weird.

ah!

tickles!

One day we went to a cultural show / reptile farm. I've had a few encounters with snakes, but I've never been one to want to hold one. Our guide was so great and informative that we just went with his offer to hold a snake. I must have been out of my mind to trust a stranger to tell me it would be fine for my kids to hold a snake, a big snake.

scary snake

No one got bit or constricted, but let's not ever do that again.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great photos! I have to say, a couple of those photos look like the snake was thinking about doing some constricting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!!!!!!!!! Glad you all survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love snakes and LOVE that last pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

TTH Facebook